Style File: Rustic Chic

There's a chill in the air.  Actually, to me, it's freezing here...as my friend Matt, checking in on me from sunny California confirmed to me yesterday.  I'm a Boston girl but I'm just not designed for this weather.  Honestly, the only thing I like about cold weather is cute knee high boots and cold weather inspired design....stone fireplaces, worn leather pub chairs, velvet down filled pillows and warm wool throws. 

I find that clients are requesting what I would describe as a tailored modern look with a touch of glamour.  When I first started designing professionally years ago, the trend in home design at the time was much more casual.  Slipcovered down filled sofas, long pine farm tables, rustic European antiques like old French shop signs or distressed English dish dressers in layers of old paint.  Like in fashion, home design trends are always changing.  However, good design is timeless.  Textile and interior designer, Kathryn Ireland is a master at designing spaces that are so beautifully pulled together but are casual, comfortable and inviting.  I featured a couple of Kathryn's designs below along with some other season inspired spaces.  ...I so want Pocahontas's belt below.

Happy Thanksgiving.
via hippiecouture.com

Designer Kathryn Ireland via House Beautiful
Designer Kathryn Ireland via House Beautiful

Elle Decor
Elle Decor

Vogue Nippon via

Ralph Lauren Home

Ralph Lauren's Ranch

Rachel Hazelton is an Interior Designer from Middleton, MA with design projects in Andover, MA, North Andover, MA, Lynnfield, MA, Boxford, MA, Topsfield, MA, Boston's North Shore and throughout New England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Charyb Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.