Color & Design: Red

The color red symbolizes love, passion, courage and danger.  In China, the color red symbolizes fire and is associated with success and fortune.  Research shows that men find women that wear red more attractive.  Go figure.  Years ago, I designed a dining room for a client and painted it Rasberry Truffle by Benjamin Moore.  It was a gorgeous cool shade of deep red.  This space below designed by Mary McDonald inspires me to use red walls again.  I especially love the high gloss red door. 

When I think of red, I think of Christian Louboutin heels, lipstick, that great scene in Pretty Woman when Vivian wears that red dress to the opera...and oh, my red sequin prom dress.  Head to toe tight red sequins with a slit up the leg and long white gloves...how appropriate.  My friends and I crack up now when we see this photo of us all lined up in my backyard.  We thought we looked fabulous.  Now I think we looked more like Vegas showgirls.

Designer Mary McDonald via Elle Decor

via http://www.agiftwrappedlife.blogspot.com


via Elle Decor

via Elle Decor

Designer, Martyn Lawrence Bullard via
Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman via instyle.com

Designer, Mary McDonald

High School Senior Prom.  I'm the girl on the right in head to toe red sequins.

Rachel Hazelton is an Interior Designer from Middleton, MA with design projects in Andover, MA, North Andover, MA, Lynnfield, MA, Boxford, MA, Topsfield, MA, Boston's North Shore and throughout New England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Charyb Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.