Inspiration Overload

I'm on inspiration overload.  My head hurts.  This design thing is a sickness..no joke.  I need to get my hair done, go shopping, file paperwork, stop eating carbs....the list goes on.  Instead, my brain is running on overdrive with design ideas.  I have every design project mentally done.  I even have the store holiday window display job done...and I haven't even agreed to do it yet.  It might kill me.  I can see it now, crying while I lug my cast iron urns in the car.   Spray painting urns and branches, I'll be covered in white paint and glitter from head to toe and swearing like a truck driver.  I won't sleep.  This is why in the past I have graciously declined invitations to do showhouses and the holiday home tour this year...sheer torture.  Every designer knows this feeling, doubt.  Doubt is the killer for a designer.  For that reason, I'm doing it, hoping for the best and repeating this mantra, "There is a fine line between holiday and Liberace.".

Marilyn Monroe images via, editorial on left - Angela Lindvall Harper's Bazaar, editorial right - Numero via, drapery right Herve Pierre, editorial red - via, Tiffany boxes and Rockettes 1944 via google images

Rachel Hazelton is an Interior Designer from Middleton, MA with design projects in Andover, MA, North Andover, MA, Lynnfield, MA, Boxford, MA, Topsfield, MA, Boston's North Shore and throughout New England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Charyb Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.