Traditional Glam vs. Classic Modern: Emerald, Black & Gold

I find that my clients seem to favor either a Traditional Glam design style or a Classic Modern style.  Traditional Glam is how I describe a more sophisticated approach to traditional decor with luxe elements like exotic chinoiserie or flock damask wallpaper, gilded french mirrors and rock crystal.  Classic Modern design may also include some of these elements but the overall look is more tailored, with clean lines and an emphasis on neutral colors and textures.  I personally love the blending of the two styles.  I'm often asked how I describe my style.  I would say, whether Traditional Glam or Classic Modern, my design approach is simply luxe. 

Speaking of luxe, the color palette of emerald green with black and gold is so rich and glamorous.  The two spaces below perfectly illustrate how this one color palette translates to two different styles, Traditional Glam versus Classic Modern.


via

Traditional Glam: This green chinoiserie wallpaper is fantastic with all those black hanging tassels.
House & Garden via

Classic Modern: A more subtle approach to emerald, black and gold with a touch of gold lighting and a gold banding
on the pillow.  Emerald makes a bold color statement through art set against a neutral space.  Finally, there is a touch
 of black in the marble fireplace and artwork on the mantle. 

Ashley Stark photo by Eric Piasecki via ElleDecor.com


Rachel Hazelton is an Interior Designer from Middleton, MA with design projects in Andover, MA, North Andover, MA, Lynnfield, MA, Boxford, MA, Topsfield, MA, Boston's North Shore and throughout New England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Charyb Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.