Retro Chic

I tend to favor deep tone neutrals and smoky shades of color.  However, I'm kind of crushing over this turquoise and pink combination.  Ever since I came across this photo of Ashley Stark's bedroom again from Elle Decor's November issue, I am seeing turquoise and hot pink everywhere from the Versace Spring 2012 ad campaign to the Kate Spade book below.  Although, truthfully, it's sort of an 80's flashback reminding me of Demi Moore's "designer" apartment in St. Elmo's Fire.  It was totally fabulous at the time.  Shocking, I know.  However, if I recall, I was less interested in Demi's apartment and more interested in her co-star Rob Lowe.  My sister and I had Rob Lowe posters probably from Tiger Beat magazine hanging on our pink daisy "vintage" bedroom wallpaper.


Versace Spring 2012 via www.FashionGoneRogue.com
Kate Spade via
Designer, Kelly Wearstler via www.MyVibeMyLife.com via www.TheDecorista.com

Demi's Fab 80's Apartment in St. Elmo's Fire
St. Elmo's Fire via google images

Rachel Hazelton is an Interior Designer from Middleton, MA with design projects in Andover, MA, North Andover, MA, Lynnfield, MA, Boxford, MA, Topsfield, MA, Boston's North Shore and throughout New England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Charyb Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.