Daughters of Darkness

Those of you who know me, probably have heard me mention my dear friend and designer, Todd.  At sixty..plus some years, he is still as he says, "Making America beautiful." with his exceptional design talent.  In addition to his immpeccable taste, Todd is also known for his sharp witt and even sharper tongue.  I was thinking of him today while working on a project that includes upholstery specified in black matte cotton velvet.  I'll never forget the apartment he designed for a client in Manhattan  with the most chic black kitchen and the home he designed in all natural linen and black...pure elegance and timeless style.  In addition, I couldn't help but recall that he referred to me and my other female design associates as "The Daughters of Darkness"...I'll accept that title kindly.

When it comes to black, everyone will wear it but a select few have enough style to live in it.  It reminds me of Chanel, pure understated elegance.  No surprise, designer, Kelly Hoppen was photographed wearing a black dress in a room she designed with black on the cover of her book. 

Photo: Designer, Kelly Hoppen
Photo: Vanessa Paradis by Paolo Roversi, Chanel via
Nancy presenting a project that includes black to a client.
The Daughters Of Darkness with Todd, Holiday Party 2003

Rachel Hazelton is an Interior Designer from Middleton, MA with design projects in Andover, MA, North Andover, MA, Lynnfield, MA, Boxford, MA, Topsfield, MA, Boston's North Shore and throughout New England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Charyb Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.